Environmental and human risks reduction
A monitoring of your well is needed to:
- look at the reservoirs dynamics and to optimize their production (flow profiling)
- provide a quick and efficient response to the failures observed on the completion parts, the tubings/casings and detect leaks
- monitor operations such as stimulation or hydraulic fracturation
- monitor the levels of the products stored in salt caverns or geological reservoirs.
Distributed fiber optic sensing offers major advantages over traditional technologies.
The FEBUS Optics interrogators have been developed and optimized to meet all the challenges of well monitoring and its many applications. Our embedded softwares (on our DAS, DTS, DSS) provide all the tools required to the data processing and are easily implemented in any third-party solutions (hardware or software implementation). The fiber optic cable can be permanently deployed during the well completion or temporarily via wireline or slickline.
Permanent, semi permanent or temporary installation of the optical fiber by our partners
On the left, the FEBUS A1-R (DAS) and on the right the FEBUS T1-R (DTS) in the control room
for a real-time monitoring
The fiber optic sensing is a non-intrusive method that allows to optimize the monitoring and maintenance costs of the well. It also provides:
- acoustic information with the FEBUS A1-R (DAS - Distributed Acoustic Sensing) like the "Noise Logging Tool"
- temperature data with the FEBUS T1-R (DTS - Distributed Temperature Sensing)
- strain information with the FEBUS G1-R (DSTS - Distributed Strain and Temperature Sensing)
The gauge length is also adaptable before and after the operation on the FEBUS A1-R (DAS - Distributed Acoustic Sensing).
- Characterize production and injection flows profiles, optimize extraction operations ("artificial lift"), flow profiling
- Detect leaks on tubing/casing and any damages on the completion
- Increase the production of the geothermal wells, regulate it, detect in real-time the induced seismicity risks
- VSP acquisitions, local seismicity
SEISMIC ON WELL
- Liquid/gas and liquid/liquid interfaces monitoring
- Control of the fractures opening/closing and measurement of their width, cross-well monitoring
Analyze the dynamics of your reservoirs to regulate their production and anticipate their behaviour during the operation.
Define the production and injection profiles with the FEBUS A1-R (DAS - Distributed Acoustic Sensing) and the FEBUS T1-R (DTS - Distributed Temperature Sensing).
During onshore or offshore acquisitions, you obtain:
- real-time information
- distributed datas (you choose the number of measuring points and their interval)
- understandable directly on-site
- and during all the lifetime of your well operation.
Without interrupting the production, you see among other things:
- the flow intensity of the perforations level allowing you to identify the best production or injection zones
- the warm-back effects
Stimulation of a perfored interval by injecting hot water and estimation of the required time to come back to the thermal balance ("warm-back") with the FEBUS T1-R (DTS)
You can make a combination of DAS and DTS technologies for a better characterization of your réservoir via an accurate analysis of the data at the perforations level.
Any failure on a well can have severe consequences on the environment and on the well productivity.
|Combination of the FEBUS A1-R (DAS), the FEBUS T1-R (DTS) and the FEBUS G1-R (DSTS):
a complete well integrity monitoring system
- You benefit from the high sensibility of our devices, of distributed and real-time provided data.
- You are able to detect any failure on your tubings/casings or on any part of the completion that could affect the productivity of your operation and have a significant environmental impact.
- You are instantly alerted of any damage on the completion.
- You organize a quick and adapted response.
Among other things, you detect:
- leaks on the completion
Coupling of DAS/DTS sensing for the detection of leaks on tubing with the FEBUS A1-R and the FEBUS T1-R
- leaks behind the casing
Leak detection on packer and precise localization (± 1 m) with the FEBUS A1-R
- a deformation/damage of the casing
|A higher reactivity to any
anomaly on the completion
|Workover optimization||Increase of the profits||
Prevention against the environmental
One of the main challenges of our time is to sustain the environmental effort and to develop the renewable energies. Converting the heat of the subsurface geothermal energy in electricty is an answer to these goals.
The FEBUS A1-R (DAS - Distributed Acoustic Sensing) provides a state-of-the-art acoustic sensibility and a very large range of frequencies.
The distributed fiber optic acoustic sensing is easy to deploy and significantly less expensive than traditional methods.
The EGS (Enhanced Geothermal System) can generate variations in temperature, pressure and induced seismicity. It is therefore essential to ensure continuous, real-time monitoring of the well and its environment by deploying a fiber optic cable in the well.
The FEBUS T1-R (DTS - Distributed Temperature Sensing) is Raman scattering to identify temperature changes in the well depth.
The FEBUS G1-R (DSS - Distributed Strain Sensing), based on Brillouin technology, detects the strain variations. This allows you to verify that the cable is correctly positioned in the well and to control its integrity throughout the operation.
Fiber optic cable temperature and strain sensing along a well
Induced seismicity can be generated by geothermal production.
The FEBUS A1-R (DAS - Distributed Acoustic Sensing) provides a real-time detection of any seismic activity produced by the reservoir operation. You are able to make a rapid response and to regulate the production.
By using several optical fibers of a unique cable:
- you combine the monitoring of induced seismicity to the environmental properties changes due to the geothermal reservoir production (DAS + DTS + DSS)
- you benefit from the easy deployment of the distributed fiber optic measurement
- you optimize the deployment costs.
Fiber optic cable deployment in a well
Measurement of the pressure gradient of a geothermal well with the FEBUS G1-R 7 months after the deployment of the fiber
Thanks to very high resolution data, you increase the production of your geothermal well and its security by preventing any environmental impact.
SEISMIC ON WELL
- identify liquid/gas and liquid/liquid interfaces using DTS measurements in case of quick dynamics
Localization of the liquid/gas and liquid/liquid interfaces with the FEBUS T1-R
- use "slow strain" data (FEBUS A1-R - DAS) to estimate slower dynamics
Monitoring of the temperature changes with the FEBUS T1-R (DTS) and the FEBUS A1-R (DAS)
thanks to "slow strain" measurements
You acquire distributed and real-time measurements to optimize your subsurface storage operation.
The FEBUS A1-R (DAS) interrogator allows you to monitor and secure your hydraulic fracking operations. Then you can check:
- that the fractures are open enough to facilitate fluid extraction
- that undesirable secondary cracks do not occur
- that the proppant, injected to prevent the fractures from closing, is stable and you detect any backflow into the well
- that the cracks do not reach the surrounding control wells, creating cross-well interferences.
You can monitor the integrity of your infrastructure, optimize its production and prevent the environmental risks caused by your activity.
FEBUS OPTICS IMPLEMENTATION AND SERVICE
The interrogators FEBUS Optics offer state-of-the-art performances.
We also provide you a complete service of well monitoring.
- Our technical leads come on site to implement our solution. We can also operate in remote.
- We take care of the entire system configuration.
- We provide support for the entire service life of our solution.
We offer a maintenance contract to ensure continuity of service. We provide you with spare parts, backup machines, on-site repairs. Our technical lead presents you a prevention package adapted to your needs.
The FEBUS Optics solutions are provided with up to a 5-years warranty.
WHY CHOOSE FEBUS OPTICS TO MONITOR YOUR WELL?
|Very high quality (performances and metrology) of the devices and softwares (DAS, DTS, DSS technologies)||You detect all the failures, limit the production losses and the environmental and human risks.|
|A continuous improvement of our devices and services||You take advantage of state-of-the-art tools and of the best support for your project.|
Ergonomic equipments and softwares
|You learn quickly how to use our solutions.|
|You ensure a well monitoring without loosing any productivity.|
|Your data can be exploited all along your well.|
|Real-time monitoring||You run a solution very quickly.|
Durability of the equipments (optical fiber & interrogator)
|You optimize your maintenance costs.|
Communication of the software via standard protocols
|You are free of compatibility issues.
|Maintenance contract||Your continuity of service is guaranteed.|
|FEBUS Optics support||You are reassured, you are supported during your project.|
|ISO certification||You are sure of our products, our services and our support quality.|